Built in the thirteenth century, the Castle Bolognini was owned before by the Della Torre
and then by the Visconti family. In 1452 it was conquered by Francesco Sforza who, in the same year,
decided to donate it to captain Michele Matteo, known as Bolognino. The captain had served the family
and on the occasion he was given the title of Count, together with the new name Michele Matteo Attendolo
(a name connected with the Sforza) Bolognini. The Castle now houses three important museums.
- The Museum Morando Bolognini, with 24 halls, richly decorated with furniture, paintings and pottery
of the period between the 1700s and 1900s, including a splendid armory and a rich library.
- The Lombard Museum of the History of Agriculture, showing the history of agriculture, from the beginning
to the present day, with a large section dedicated to traditional agriculture in Lodi.
- The Bread Museum, the first national museum of its kind, illustrating the tools and techniques of bread
production and combining molds from Italy and abroad.