The Museum is located on the Passo del Ghisallo, one of the most popular places for cyclists of all ages and categories. Here there is also the Sanctuary of the Madonna del Ghisallo, proclaimed protector of Cyclists in 1949 by Pope Pius XII. Strongly supported by the champion Fiorenzo Magni, it was designed with the aim of collecting, preserving and telling the stories of the great protagonists that made the history of cycling.
The Museum hosts a collection of over 800 pieces, including Fausto Coppi’s hour record bike achieved at the Vigorelli Velodrome in 1942. Exhibits are displayed on rotation, within permanent sections such as: "The Relics Case", which groups objects with a particular symbolic value; the pavilion dedicated to Man and his vehicle; the "Great Encyclopedia of Cycling"; "Action and champions", featuring documentaries and short films about cycling, both historical and contemporary; "Pink", the largest collection of pink jerseys in the world.
The Museum offers educational workshops, besides organizing themed music nights. It also hosts a library that collects and preserves the most important periodicals and books on cycling.
S.S.36 ( superstrada Milano-Lecco )
direction Lecco, exit Suello-Cesana B.za.
Follow directions to Erba-Como. At the Pusiano traffic light turn right and follow directions to Longone-Canzo-Bellagio.
S.S.342 (Lecco-Bergamo ) all the way to Tavernerio.
Take S.P.639 direction Erba.
At traffic light after Albavilla, turn left towards Canzo-Asso-Bellagio
Asso is the terminal station of the Milano-Seveso-Asso rail route of the Ferrovie Nord Milano (F.N.M.) with trains leaving from Milano-Cadorna station. Then bus connection.